[LLVMdev] llvm for 2D Graphics acceleration

Mohan Parthasarathy suruti94 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 15:32:36 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am very new to this mailing list.  I started reading a few documents to
get up to speed.  I also read about how llvm is used to accelerate the
missing hardware support for OpenGL.

I am wondering whether there has been any discussion/efforts  in the past
regarding 2D acceleration using llvm ? For example, pixman library (which
uses MMX/SSE extensions when available) can be used in case of missing
hardware support etc. Would llvm be applicable in this case ? Has there been
any work in this area ?

thanks
-mohan