[LLVMdev] "long long" type in C backend

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.com
Mon Aug 11 06:48:31 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 16:09 +0300, Valen wrote:
> Hi,
>  Im trying to generate C source from C++ source file,
> using C backend.
>
> llvm-g++          -O3 -emit-llvm valen.cpp -c -o valen.bc
> llc               -march=c valen.bc -f -o valen.c
>

> But C backend generate a lot of operation with "long long" type.
> My C compiler does not support "long long" type.
> Is there any option to disable generate "long long" ?

If your compiler does not support long long, there are a whole bunch of
*other* parts of the C standard that it does not satisfy, and you will
probably find that you will fight other unnecessary battles.

One possibility would be to compile CLANG+LLVM for your target. If that
is not possible, perhaps GCC?

shap