[LLVMdev] Contributing to LLVM

Shrutarshi Basu technorapture at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 22:29:48 PDT 2008

Hello all,
I'm a rising sophomore CS/Engineering student in the US and I'm
interested in programming languages/ compilers.I think the LLVM would
be a great project for me to contribute to, both to learn something
and help the project. Unfortunately, I don't know much about
compilers, much less anything which would allow me to make a
significant contribution. I've started reading the Dragon book and
over the summer I wrote a recursive descent parser for a project's
config files. I would appreciate it if some of you could give me
guidelines for what I should learn/do both in terms of theory and in
using practical tools. In particular I'm looking to become familiar
with both general compilers and the LLVM to be able to do a project
for next year's GSoC. I'll start by compiling the code and haunting
this list.
Thanks everyone,
Basu

--