[LLVMdev] Assertion Failure: Not all catch info was assigned to a landing pad

Marc de Kruijf dekruijf at cs.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 4 07:55:47 PDT 2008

I'm getting a very stubborn assertion failure that I don't understand.
After I insert a call to an externally defined function into an invoked
function, llc spits out the following assertion failure when I compile the
bytecode:

llc: SelectionDAGISel.cpp:4912: virtual bool
llvm::SelectionDAGISel::runOnFunction(llvm::Function&): Assertion
`FuncInfo.CatchInfoFound.size() == FuncInfo.CatchInfoLost.size() && "Not all
catch info was assigned to a landing pad!"' failed.

I looked at the SelectionDAGISel.cpp code but I have no idea what the
problem is or how I can fix it.  I've tried setting different parameter
attributes to no avail.  Maybe somebody can explain this failure to me?

Many thanks,
Marc