[LLVMdev] Sparc assembly syntax

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sun Aug 3 11:17:38 PDT 2008

On Jul 31, 2008, at 4:47 PM, Richard Pennington wrote:
> Chris Lattner wrote:
>> This is probably a difference between the sun and GNU assemblers.
>> There is no current sparc maintainer, so feel free to change it if
>> one
>> way works better for you.
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> Here's the fix:

After refreshing my memory on how the sparc backend works, it turns
out that this was a serious bug and that your patch is absolutely the
right fix.  The .td description was expecting the operands in the
order the assembler was expecting, and we happened to get lucky that
nothing downstream looked at the .td operand info.

Thanks Richard, I applied your patch here:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20080728/065608.html

-Chris