[LLVMdev] Questions for new Backend

Christopher Lamb christopher.lamb at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 13:43:11 PDT 2008

Hi Cedric, Chris,

I had a similar thought, namely that having a simple 16/8-bit arch in
clang+LLVM would be a great instructional tool. I'm currently
whipping  up a quick back end for the 16-bit LC-3 instructional
architecture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LC-3). I thought it'd be a
good example because it is both extremely simple, but also quite
functionally complete, and it has free assemblers and simulators
available (not to mention that it's used to teach basic architecture
and tools at a number of universities).

If you think this would be useful let me know and I can commit back
to the repo sooner rather than later.

--
Christopher Lamb