[LLVMdev] LLVM-based IBM summer internship position

Vikram S. Adve vadve at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 7 11:40:46 PDT 2008

IBM is looking for a student with LLVM expertise for a research
project on optimizations for Cell.  They have been in discussions with
Michel to use the Cell back end for LLVM being developed at Aerospace,
though I don't know if a final decision was reached on that (any news,
Michel?).  The goal of this work is to add new (LLVM-level and/or back-
end-level) optimizations targeted at Cell.

This search is being started somewhat late for the summer.  If you are
interested in this position and qualify, please contact me as soon as
possible.

--Vikram

Chris Frazier/Austin/IBM

vadve at uiuc.edu

cc

Mark Nutter/Austin/IBM at IBMUS, Hema N Reddy/Austin/IBM at IBMUS

Subject

Re: Follow-up to IBM / UIUC co-op, LLVM

Professor Adve,

Below you will find the job description we discussed. If you would,
please post this Job description with any and all available sources
that provides us the best opportunity to find qualified candidates. I
believe that Mark mentioned that Senior undergraduates and gradulate
school level candidates that meet the requirements are welcome to
apply. As far as an initial contact, if possible, you can screen and
forward resumes to Mark Nutter. If time doesn't allow, please post
Mark (mnutter at us.ibm.com) as the person to forward their resume to.
Thanks again for your help.

Happy Trails,

Chris Frazier

IBM CO-OP position: IBM Cell BE Advanced Applications & Software
Development Kit Team
Work Location: Austin, TX
Start time: As soon as available (End of present Semester).
Timeframe: Full Semester or negotiable or longer depending on
availability.

Grad-caliber co-op position, CS or CE with working knowledge of
internals of LLVM compiler infrastructure, to work with Cell / B.E.
software & hardware architects to extend the function of CellSPU port
of LLVM for future architectures. Candidates should have a strong
background in compilers, JIT, OS internals, and RISC-like instruction
set architectures, and be comfortable working with debuggers,
simulators,
and performance analyzers. Prior experience on Cell / B.E. is not
required, but is a plus.