[LLVMdev] LLVM for crosscompiling?

Sunjae Park sunjae.park at gatech.edu
Sun Apr 6 11:24:13 PDT 2008

On Sunday 06 April 2008 06:53:06 am Bill Wendling wrote:
> (snip)
> Hi Sunjae,
>
> You'll need to compile llvm-gcc as a cross-compiler to get it to
> accept altivec intrinsics and PPC-specific flags.
>
> -bw

Thanks, Bill. I was afraid of that.

Any pointers on how to do this? I'm able to build llvm-gcc-4.2 x86 natively,
but not the powerpc version.
Using "--disable-shared --disable-multilib --disable-bootstrap" as additional
flags, I've tried:

powerpc-linux
powerpc64-linux
CellSPU-linux

as the target, but powerpc* dies with rs6000.c and the CellSPU target wasn't
recognized. Setting --with-sysroot didn't help either.

Thanks.
--
Sunjae Park
MS. Georgia Tech College of Computing