[LLVMdev] PATCH: Use size reduction -- wave1

heisenbug ggreif at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 08:32:46 PDT 2008

On Apr 3, 10:53 pm, Gabor Greif <ga... at mac.com> wrote:

> > 3) Make sure that make check and some reasonable subset of llvm-test
> > passes with this patch :)
>
> I have never run llvm-test in the past. Is it just checking it out and
> following a readme?

After building an llvm-gcc (4.2.1), see below, I tried running this. I
configured:

./configure --with-llvmsrc=$LLVM_TOP/llvm --with-llvmobj=$LLVM_TOP/
llvm --srcdir=$LLVM_TOP/test-suite --with-llvmgccdir=$LLVM_TOP/install
--with-externals=$LLVM_TOP/externals

Then 'make', it complained that some .bc file could not be made.

Then I put $LLVM_TOP/install and $LLVM_TOP/llvm/Release/bin im my
path, but now

checking for C++ compiler default output file name... configure:
error: C++ compiler cannot create executables

invoking g++ directly gives:

ggreif$ g++ jj.cpp
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lstdc++

I am stuck. What can I do to run the tests?

> > Finally, please update llvm-gcc 4.2 as well when you commit this.
> > I'll update clang after you commit.
>
> Well, I have patches for both (attached). But I am caught between a
> rock and a
> hard place, because Xcode 2.4.1-built llvm-gcc ICEs-out on the
> Release llvm (which is needed as per README-LLVM). So I have a hard
> time to run those tests. I keep trying. Possibly softlinking the
> Release dirs to the Debug ones.

This approach works. I get past bootstrapping llvm-gcc.

Thanks and cheers,

    Gabor