[LLVMdev] Will gcc 4.3.0 compile llvm 2.2?

me22 me22.ca at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 22:48:43 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:51 PM, Bernardo Elayda <belayda at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to compile llvm 2.2 with gcc 4.3.0 on FC8.
>
> My compile is failing with the following error(s):
>
> error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct std::basic_ostream<char,
> std::char_traits<char> >'
>
> If you've run into this, how did you get around this issue?

GCC 4.3 cleaned up its headers to make them much lighter, and that's
exactly the kind of error that many, many people that weren't properly
conformant by including everything they used are now getting.  You
could probably work around it by including <ostream> yourself before
including the header with the error, if it's just in a header, but
adding it to the headers or upgrading to a newer (maybe SVN) LLVM
would probably be a better choice.