[LLVMdev] Reference Manual Clarifications

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Apr 1 11:49:21 PDT 2008

On Mar 31, 2008, at 5:07 PM, Jon Sargeant wrote:

> Gordon Henriksen wrote:
>> Hi Jon,
>> Please you'll want to submit patches as unified diffs and as
>> attachments.
>> I notice you're using Thunderbird, so I refer you to this tip:
>> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2008-January/011992.html
>> Although this note doesn't apply to how you included your original
>> patch (looks like you pasted it in), Thunderbird has default
>> attachment handling settings which cause problems for many of our
>> reviewers.
>> Thanks,
>> Gordon
>
> Ok, did I get it right this time?

Looks ok, I applied it here:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20080331/060531.html
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20080331/060532.html

I removed the "negative or equal" aspect to the shift amount
discussion.  Shift amounts are interpreted as unsigned values, so they
can't be negative.

Also, it looks like your copy of langref is slightly out of date,
because the patch didn't apply cleanly.

-Chris