[LLVMdev] Advice on debugging?

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Tue Apr 1 02:23:45 PDT 2008

> Ping? Still looking for advice in figuring out how and why my generated
> code is causing lli to crash...

Did you run your code through the verifier?

> > So for example, when I run lli on my program:
> > Assertion failed: (V == V2 && "Didn't find key?"), function RemoveKey,
> > file StringMap.cpp, line 177.

This looks like either an lli bug, or invalid bitcode (see my remark on
the verifier above).  If it passes the verifier, please reduce a testcase
and open a bug report.  How were you running lli by the way - interpreter
or jit?

> > But when I run bugpoint, I get:
> > bugpoint can't help you with your problem!
> >
> > To be honest, I am not sure what this all means.

It means that the problem is lli specific.  Try running bugpoint with
-run-int or -run-jit (depending on whether you were using the JIT or
the interpreter version of lli).

Ciao,

Duncan.