[LLVMdev] Lowering operations to 8-bit!

Alireza.Moshtaghi at microchip.com Alireza.Moshtaghi at microchip.com
Fri Sep 28 13:10:29 PDT 2007

Attached please find the gdb backtrace dump and the postscript file of
the DAG right before assertion.
The red Node is the current Node in LegalizeOp()
The only thing that I am customizing before we get here is the
FORMAL_ARGUMENTS. At this time I don't really care about the arguments,
just want to get some global values working. When I trace the program,
it is well passed the legalizing of formal arguments when it crashes so
I'm not sure if I may be breaking something in there.
Here is my code in the formalizing arguments (copied ISD::MERGE_VALUES
from PowerPC implementation, not sure if it is really needed)

static SDOperand LowerFORMAL_ARGUMENTS(SDOperand Op, SelectionDAG &DAG){
  SmallVector<SDOperand, 8> ArgValues;
  SDOperand Root = Op.getOperand(0);
  // Return the new list of results.
  std::vector<MVT::ValueType> RetVT(Op.Val->value_begin(),
                                    Op.Val->value_end());
  const Function* Fn = DAG.getMachineFunction().getFunction();
  std::cout<<Op.Val->getNumValues();
  std::cout<<"----------------- "<<__FUNCTION__<<" handling
FORMAL_ARGUMENTS of"<<Fn->getName()<<std::endl;std::cout.flush();
  for (unsigned ArgNo = 0, e = Op.Val->getNumValues()-1; ArgNo != e;
++ArgNo) {

    MVT::ValueType ObjectVT = Op.getValue(ArgNo).getValueType();

    switch (ObjectVT){
    default: assert(0 && "Unhandled argument type!");
    case MVT::i32: cout<<"------------ i32"<<std::endl;break;
    case MVT::i64: cout<<"------------ i64"<<std::endl;break;
    case MVT::f32: cout<<"------------ f32"<<std::endl;break;
    case MVT::f64: cout<<"------------ f64"<<std::endl;break;
    case MVT::v4f32: cout<<"------------ v4f32"<<std::endl;break;
    case MVT::v4i32: cout<<"------------ v4i32"<<std::endl;break;
    case MVT::v8i16: cout<<"------------ v8i16"<<std::endl;break;
    case MVT::v16i8: cout<<"------------ v16i8"<<std::endl;break;
      break;
    } //end switch
  } //end for

  ArgValues.push_back(Root);
  return DAG.getNode(ISD::MERGE_VALUES, RetVT, &ArgValues[0],
ArgValues.size());
}