[LLVMdev] Cygwin support completely dropped?

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Tue Sep 25 12:52:39 PDT 2007

> it seems that it has been sometime that anyone had success with building llvm
> (2.0 or 2.1 prerelease) on Cygwin/XP. i have been using gcc-4.0.2 with no
> success.
>
> is anyone working on Cygwin or not? i feel that having Cygwin as a supported
> platform is at least misleading since noone is building on Cygwin.
>
> I recall llvm-1.4 to 1.6 building decently on Cygwin even with gcc-3.3.3.

I believe Aaron Gray has had success building llvm on Cygwin:
http://www.aarongray.org/LLVM/BuildingLLVMonCygwin.html

However, those instructions may be a bit out of date...

If you are still encountering problems, please file bugs or submit
patches. The majority of LLVM developers do not use Cygwin, so its quite
possible there are problems.

-Tanya