[LLVMdev] Real backend?

Seung Jae Lee lee225 at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 25 09:13:27 PDT 2007

Thanks for reply, Tanya.
Frankly speaking, I have no good idea.
While googling, I could find the term, "real backend", in the articles so wondered how this was different from just backend used in LLVM.
(E.g., Mr.Olofson mentioned "glSDL/backend (the
"real" backend version; not yet in mainstream SDL releases)" in this article
http://www.freelists.org/archives/gameprogrammer/04-2005/msg00010.html )
Do you have any idea?

Thank you so much.
SJL