[LLVMdev] RFC: Patch

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sat Sep 22 10:57:43 PDT 2007

On Sep 21, 2007, at 5:11 PM, Bill Wendling wrote:

> My question is, is this liable to break something else down the line?
> Should it be modified to call the getNamedGlobal method only if it's
> an Objective-C property? Is this even the correct method for an
> Objective-C property?

There is a bigger question here.  One invariant that is useful is
that there is only a single decl that corresponds to a given global
variable.  It sounds like the objc front-end is making two GCC decl
nodes for the same global variable?  If so, is there a way to fix the
objc front-end to merge them?

-Chris