[LLVMdev] fptoui Semantics Question

Dound dound07 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 18:18:46 PDT 2007

I am a little confused by the results of the result of fptoui ... seems to
conflict with the instructions semantics as defined in the language
reference (http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#i_fptoui):

  %tmp1001 = fptoui float 1.0E+300 to i1   ; % yields tmp1001 = 0 on my
machine!

but the ref says:

   %Y = fptoui float 1.0E+300 to i1     ; yields i1:true

(checked the return value with ... icmp eq i1 %tmp1001, 0 ... it is
returning true)

Any ideas?  Probably a really dumb mistake on my part, but it certainly
seems to me like it doesn't follow what the manual says.  I am using LLVM
2.0.

Thanks ~ David