[LLVMdev] llvm 2.1 announcement draft

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Fri Sep 21 11:36:30 PDT 2007

>> In addition to this, I've checked in the first draft of the release
>> notes into llvm/docs/ReleaseNotes.html (http://llvm.org/docs/
>> ReleaseNotes.html).
>
> The release notes mention llvm-gcc 4.2, but the prerelease only included
> llvm-gcc 4.0. Is the final release going to include 4.0 or 4.2 or both?

I will be releasing a source tar ball of llvm-gcc4.2, but we will not be
generating binaries or doing extensive testing. This is primarily because
we did not know what the state of llvm-gcc4.2 would be for the release and
did not figure it into the release plan. For LLVM 2.2, we will most likely
be treating it equal to llvm-gcc4.0.

I do think the release notes should be reworded to indicate that
llvm-gcc4.2 is beta only and that we did not do extensive testing.

Thanks,
Tanya