[LLVMdev] llvm for ARM

Amit Singh amit.singh2241 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 00:53:29 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have downloaded llvm-2.0 source from llvm.org.

My machine specs are:
OS : Linux(Debian-Ubuntu)
Tool Chain: gcc 3.x and gcc 4.x
CPU: X86

I have been able to build llvm. I could not find anywhere in the build or
documentation that my build of llvm can produce an ARM binary.In the
config.log I could see it detected an X86 CPU which is correct since I am
using in fact an X86 host CPU.

I would like to know how to build an ARM11 binary from a c-source code. It
would be great if I can get all the necessary steps to producing an ARM11
binary.

Moreover My native CPU system is an X86 not an arm. What I want to test is
whether I can use the llvm to compile my C-programs to produce ARM11
binaries which I would transfer into my scratchbox target for ARM, where
Qemu would be used to execute the binaries.

Hope I have provided enough information....please let me know if something
is missing?

Awaiting.......
Amit