[LLVMdev] Building on x86-64

Arnold Schwaighofer arnold.schwaighofer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 12:08:15 PDT 2007

On my gentoo/amd64 installation i could get llvm and llvm-gcc to compile.
llvm/tests are mostly passed
the test-suite fails with a glibc double free error.

you could try setting the CC="gcc -L/usr/lib64" or maybe even CC="gcc
-m64 -L/usr/lib64" environment variable and likewise for CXX before
configuring and make.

although i would guess that something is wrong with your install
because it should find the 64bit libs by default (that is if your on a
64bit system)

but i am not a linux expert so take everything i say with a grain
(boulder) of salt

gritz arnold