[LLVMdev] RFC: Tail call optimization X86

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Wed Sep 12 17:35:23 PDT 2007

> I just ran the test suite in llvm-test with a vanilla copy of the svn
> tree on darwin-x86.
> To perform the tests i downloaded the test-suite as instructed on the web.
> cd'ed into llvm-test. configured (--withllvmfoo etc) and make'd ;).
> What worries me is that 148 tests are failing. to determine this
> number i redirected the output (stdout+stderr) to a file and grep FAIL
> | wc -l on it.
> Is the number of 148 failing tests sane or could this indicate there
> is something bogus with my setup?
> When i do a make in the llvm-test directory all tests are executed right?

My advice is to run "make TEST=nightly report". This will generate a txt
file that is a simple table of the results... and show you what is failing
(llc, jit, cbe, etc).

148 failures seems high to me. On my darwin x86 machine, I only am seeing
75 failures (running make TEST=nightly report), but my last complete
report was from a couple weeks ago.

-Tanya