[LLVMdev] RFC: Darwin EH Patch

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Mon Sep 10 23:55:03 PDT 2007

Hello, Bill

> Comments?
I don't personally like this patch. It seems, that emitted data encoding
is linker (=subtarget) specific. For example, gcc uses three different
data encodings to emit dwarf data on darwin.

I think we should introduce subtarget hooks for encoding selection of
data being emitted (there is already one: needSet / *AbsoluteOffsets
etc). Also "generic" function for emission of data in specified format
should be written (it should take care about decoration also).

This will allow to describe target-specific stuff in one place instead
of introducing / tweaking bunch of magic knobs.

Comments? Ideas?

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.