[LLVMdev] Q: missing -fPIC in llvmc?

Basile STARYNKEVITCH basile at starynkevitch.net
Mon Oct 22 12:32:08 PDT 2007

Hello All,

On a Debian/AMD64 host I am surprised that there is apparently no way to
generate position independent code in shared object (i.e. to output
files which are easy dlopen-able without pain)?

I probably missed something obvious, but what?

I want to compile LLVM assembly source code -suitably generated- into
.so as directly as possible...

Regards