[LLVMdev] movaps being generated despite alignment 1 being specified

Evan Cheng evan.cheng at apple.com
Thu Oct 18 23:56:38 PDT 2007

On Oct 18, 2007, at 1:52 PM, Chuck Rose III wrote:

> Here are the instructions for evaluateDependents.  The JITter
> hasn’t compiled foo yet.  What’s confusing to me is why did my
> movups suddenly become a movaps?  All the stores and loads have
> align 1 on them.

Hi Chuck,

I believe this is a bug but am unable to reproduce it with the test
case you've provided. I should be able to see the same problem using
llc since the code generator is going through all the same passes.
The only difference should be the relocation model.

Please file a bug and provide us with a test case. You should be able
to set a break point somewhere in ExecutionEngine.cpp / JIT.cpp and
just dump out the bitcode with Module->dump() / print().

Evan