[LLVMdev] Stack layout in the x86 back-end

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Oct 9 13:53:17 PDT 2007

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Sarah Thompson wrote:
> ideally, I'd like a block that encompasses everything from the  function
> parameters up to the current top-of-stack including spilled registers.
> Is this feasible?

Hi Sarah,

I'm not sure how much of this is possible.  You're guaranteed that each
function stack frame is itself contiguous (including spilled regs), but
there isn't really a notion of "top of stack" in the compiler.  To get
this information, you'll need information from the runtime or OS.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/