[LLVMdev] Supporting pre-allocated registers in LLVM

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 22:52:07 PDT 2007

On Oct 4, 2007, at 10:40 PM, nkavv at physics.auth.gr wrote:

> 2. Which are the new register allocation algorithms currently under
> design? Do
> they support preallocation of registers (it is different to
> "fixing" a register
> in GCC parlance)?

Hi Nikolaos,

I have an alpha version of Chow & Hennesey's priority-based graph
coloring algorithm. It's suffering from some bit-rotting -- e.g.,
there's some trouble with how it calculates "forbidden" registers.
You're welcome to the code, if you'd like to hack on it. I've been
trying to refresh it in the past few days, but would love some help. :-)

-bw