[LLVMdev] LLVM 2.1 with VC++

Cory Nelson phrosty at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 00:03:37 PST 2007

I've come across a couple errors when building LLVM 2.1 in VC++ 2005.

1) CodeGen/RegisterCoalescer.cpp is not included in the project
2) System/Win32/DynamicLibrary.inc - ELM_Callback is declared with a
PSTR ModuleName argument.  This causes a compile error - the callback
typedef specifies PCSTR.

Also, I'd like to suggest adding the following to config.h, to
eliminate the spurious deprecation warnings:

#define _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
#define _SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
#define _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_WARNINGS

And moving #include "llvm/Config/config.h" in all the files above any
other includes, so those will have the proper effect.

Finally, is the JIT considered stable under Windows?

--
Cory Nelson