[LLVMdev] 'Implementing a language with LLVM' tutorial

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Nov 5 21:08:50 PST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 6:05 PM, Aaron Gray wrote:

>> On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Aaron Gray wrote:
>>> Nice job. The only bit that is not immediately clear is the 'Proto'
>>> variable, but is clear when looking through the code at the end of
>>> the
>>> page.
>>
>> Where in the tutorial?  What would you suggest that I say?
>
> First reference in 'Function *FunctionAST::Codegen()'. What Proto is
> is not
> totally clear till you look at the complete code at the end of the
> page. A
> minor point.

It's still unclear where you are talking about this.  I clarified the
prose in chapter 3 that first describes FunctionAST::Codegen.  If you
still think it is unclear, please propose new wording, thanks!

>>> Could do with a link to the LLVMBuilder class reference material.
>>
>> I added a link to the doxygen info, thanks!
>
> It might be an idea to add a download link for the complete code to
> save
> user having to cut and paste it to try it. A minor point.

As I told Owen: "If the user can't copy and paste, there is no hope
for them".  It's not worth the burden to maintain yet another copy of
every piece of source that has to be updated when changes are made.

-Chris