[LLVMdev] Question about register allocators

Vikram S. Adve vadve at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 5 19:42:58 PST 2007

What is the status of RegAllocLocal, RegAllocBigBlock and
RegAllocSimple allocators?  I am considering using one of them as a
basis for a course project on register allocation in my class.  In
particular, are those allocators in regular use and/or have they been
tested recently?  I am particularly interested in the code as of
version 4.0 but if anything has improved since then, the current code
would be useful too.

Also, any suggestions for simple but useful projects are welcome.

Thanks,

--Vikram
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~vadve
http://llvm.org