[LLVMdev] 2.0 frontend hangs

Bram Adams bram.adams at ugent.be
Thu May 24 04:51:18 PDT 2007

Hi,

While trying to compile ioquake3 (http://ioquake3.org/?
page=get&method=source; use provided make-macosx-ub.sh wrapper to
compile) with LLVM 2.0 for an experiment (seriously :-)), the 2.0
frontend hangs on a program file called code/server/sv_client.c.
Apparently, it's stuck on line 2964 of gcc/gcc.c while waiting for
some subprocess to complete. The 1.9 frontend however does not
experience this problem and is able to compile.

How should I debug the frontend (currently recompiling with debugging
support), as there are various threads/processes involved? Should I
file a bug report?

Kind regards,

Bram Adams
GH-SEL, INTEC, Ghent University (Belgium)