[LLVMdev] Antw.: 2.0 Pre-release tarballs online
bram.adams at ugent.be
Fri May 18 09:12:35 PDT 2007
Op 18-mei-07, om 10:10 heeft Tanya M. Lattner het volgende geschreven:
>> On Slackware 10.2 (GCC 3.3.6), I got an error during a debug build
>> with the header files using uintptr_t (not recognised as a type).
>> Putting "#include <stdint.h>" in include/llvm/BasicBlock.h (llvm)
>> and in "include/llvm/ValueSymbolTable.h" (frontend) resolved this.
> Ok. This is now fixed on the release branch. Thanks!
The strange thing is that the configure process defines:
#define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
However, without literally including stdint.h (which should be
avoided as Reid mentioned) the compilation of AsmWriter.cpp goes
wrong, although stdint.h, llvm/Support/DataTypes.h and inttypes.h are
all mentioned in AsmWriter.d:
if g++ -I/home/bram/workspace/svn/aspicere2/trunk/llvm-build/lib/
VMCore -I/home/bram/workspace/svn/aspicere2/trunk/llvm/lib/VMCore -I/
workspace/svn/aspicere2/trunk/llvm/include -D_GNU_SOURCE -
D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -g -fno-exceptions -D_DEBUG -Woverloaded-
virtual -pedantic -Wall -W -Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long -Wunused -
Wno-unused-parameter -c -MD -MT /home/bram/workspace/svn/aspicere2/
trunk/llvm-build/lib/VMCore/Debug/AsmWriter.o -MP -MF /home/bram/
VMCore/AsmWriter.cpp -o /home/bram/workspace/svn/aspicere2/trunk/llvm-
then /usr/bin/mv -f "/home/bram/workspace/svn/aspicere2/trunk/llvm-
else /usr/bin/rm -f "/home/bram/workspace/svn/aspicere2/trunk/llvm-
build/lib/VMCore/Debug/AsmWriter.LACXXd"; exit 1; fi
In file included from /home/bram/workspace/svn/aspicere2/trunk/llvm/
static member function `static unsigned int
BasicBlock.h:197: error: syntax
error before `;' token
Should -DHAVE_STDINT_H be passed to the above command?
>> Also, I got linking errors while linking tblgen (see error.txt).
>> Any ideas about this?
> I'm not really sure whats going on here and I can't reproduce this
> since I don't have your setup. Its probably either an issue with
> gcc or ld (try upgrading to 2.17.X if possible). If you can try to
> investigate it further, that would be great. Then file a bug for it.
Problem solved: compiling the 2.0 frontend from source had resulted
in gcc, g++, ... instead of llvm-gcc, llvm-g++, ... After manually
renaming them, compilation of LLVM was a breeze and the tests did not
yield any unexpected failures (see attachment).
GH-SEL, INTEC, Ghent University (Belgium)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 19787 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the llvm-dev