[LLVMdev] 2.0-prerelease build errors

Emil Mikulic emil at cs.rmit.edu.au
Thu May 17 19:19:02 PDT 2007

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 03:15:09PM -0700, Tanya M. Lattner wrote:
> > Should configure also error out if perl isn't installed?
>
> Yes. Reid has changed this so that perl is now required.
>
> Thanks so much for reporting these!

You're welcome!

I'm still working on the "method four" testing that you requested.

The "make check" is done, results are here:
http://goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au/~emil/llvm-2.0-make-check.txt

# of expected passes		1988
# of expected failures		3

-=-

I'm currently stuck on the nightly report, at this point:
/usr/home/emil/llvm-test/RunSafely.sh 500 0 /dev/null Output/tramp3d-v4.out-nat Output/tramp3d-v4.native --cartvis 1.0 0.0 --rhomin 1e-8 -n 25

Ctrl-T tells me that tramp3d-v4.native has by now consumed 50,000
seconds of CPU time.  Somehow I don't think it's going to stop anytime
soon -- what can I do to break out of this cleanly and get the whole
report built?

-=-

Other than that, llvm and llvm-gcc seem to build and work quite nicely
on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE.  I'm hoping to eventually get a FreeBSD port for
llvm-gcc added, after LLVM 2.0 is officially released.

--Emil