[LLVMdev] Antw.: 2.0 Pre-release tarballs online

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Thu May 17 14:38:14 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 23:07 +0200, Bram Adams wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Op 15-mei-07, om 10:23 heeft Tanya M. Lattner het volgende geschreven:
> 1) Download llvm-gcc4 binary and llvm. Compile and run make check.
>

> I did a debug build on OSX 10.4.9 and everything went fine.

Good.

> Results of "make check" (see ppc.log):
>

>                 ===  Summary ===
>

> # of expected passes            1630
> # of unexpected failures       21
> # of expected failures            2

This doesn't look like there's enough tests. The total number should be
in the high 1900s. Did you configure with only the PPC target?

> 3) Compile llvm-gcc4 and llvm from source. Run 'make check'.
>

> On Slackware 10.2 (GCC 3.3.6), I got an error during a debug build
> with the header files using uintptr_t (not recognised as a type).
> Putting "#include <stdint.h>" in include/llvm/BasicBlock.h (llvm) and
> in "include/llvm/ValueSymbolTable.h" (frontend) resolved this.

This isn't the correct solution :)  We don't (or try not) to include
system headers anywhere except lib/System and a few spots in
include/llvm/Support. The case in point is
include/llvm/Support/DataTypes.h.  Please adjust
include/llvm/Support/DataTypes.h to accommodate this operating system
and send the patch to llvm-commits mailing list. We'll include it so
that LLVM can compile on Slackware 10.2 with gcc 3.3.6.

... snip ...
Others have responded to the rest.

Reid.