[LLVMdev] 2.0 Release Process

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Tue May 8 22:17:41 PDT 2007

The release branch has been created and the llvm-gcc mirror updated
(thanks Bill!). I will be doing some preliminary testing before I request
the help of the community to test the release.

During this time, I ask that developers only commit documentation changes
to the release branch and email the list with any bug fixes that need to
be merged into the release branch. Bug fixes have to be approved by the
various owners of the different parts of llvm.

Here is the schedule:

May 7th - Release branch created. Developers should begin reviewing
all documentation.

May 14th - Tar balls and binaries are released for general testing. I'll
also need volunteers to create additional llvm-gcc binaries that I have
not provided.

May 18th - All documentation changes should have been merged into the
release branch.

May 21st - Release!

Chris will also be sending out the release notes and release announcement
for review in the next week.

As a reminder, if you wish to check out the release branch use the
following commands (also see GettingStartedGuide.html):

cvs -d <CVS Repository> co -r release_20 llvm
cvs -d <CVS Repository> co -r release_20 llvm-test
svn co svn://anonsvn.opensource.apple.com/svn/llvm/tags/release-2.0
dst-directory

Thanks,
Tanya