[LLVMdev] LLVM-GCC Back

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Mon May 7 09:16:30 PDT 2007

Tanya M. Lattner wrote:

>>> And even if the mirror was promptly updated at 2am, it wouldn't have
>>> mattered.  The mirror got fatally out of sync with llvm less than an
>>> hour later.  There are still massive errors building llvm-gcc.
>>>

>> My nightly tester still can't build llvm-gcc.
>
> This is not very useful. Please file a PR and provide details on what
> errors you are getting and what platform. Someone will take a look at
> it then.
>
> -Tanya

It can't build it because the API keeps changing faster than the mirror
can keep up.  It would be more useful to keep the API stable, as the
freeze is right around the corner, than to file a PR.  Or I can simply
stop running the nightly tester until the conversion to svn occurs and
the mirror is history.  In fact, that is what I'll do.  It is not worth
the hassle.