[LLVMdev] May 25th 2007 Developers Meeting (Update)

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Sat Mar 31 15:11:44 PDT 2007

All,

Here's an update on the Developer's Meeting. I've created a page for the
meeting on the main web site at http://llvm.org/DevMtgMay2007.html. If
you want to find out the latest, please visit that page. From here on
out, I will be tracking the meeting's progress on that page.  However,
I'll still send out one of these update notes when there are significant
developments.

First, the questions you all wanted answered:
   Yes, the date (May 25th), is firm.
   Yes, the location (Apple Computer, Cupertino, CA) is firm.
   Yes, you can make travel reservations now.

The first 12 people have confirmed their attendance. However, there were
about 25-30 of you that expressed a desire to attend in the poll last
year. If you haven't confirmed your attendance yet, please do so by
responding to this email. If you're not sure, please see
http://llvm.org/DevMtgMay2007.html#attendees to see if you're on the
list already. You need to confirm by May 1st so that we can ensure we
have a sufficiently large room reserved for the attendees.

Don't make me start calling you out by name!

We have three talks so far. Vikram Adve will discuss the history of
LLVM. Chris Lattner will talk about how Apple uses LLVM. Sarah Thomposon
will talk about how NASA, Ames is using LLVM for static analysis and
symbolic execution.

While that's a great start, it isn't enough to cover the whole day. (I
know Chris is long winded, but I don't think even he would enjoy talking
about Apple OpenGL and LLVM for 6 hours straight). We need more content
if we're going to do more than just chit chat all day.

Bottom line: we need your ideas and participation. Don't worry about the
posted Agenda, we can rearrange it to fit the things you want to talk
about. There are at least three categories of things you can propose:

1. A presentation/talk that you could give on anything related to LLVM.
2. A discussion topic that you would like to hear other people's
thoughts about.
3. An LLVM issue to resolve in Session 4.

Other ideas are welcome too.

Please do not hesitate. Just send your ideas in, however crazy they
might seem.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Reid.