[LLVMdev] Third party integration

Kyle Lahnakoski kyle at arcavia.com
Wed Mar 28 14:06:33 PDT 2007

I have only just begun looking through the docs for LLVM.  I have read
through some of the PP presentations to get an idea of the modularity of
LLVM.

May someone be so kind to point me to some documentation on how to
communicate with the LLVM modules (specifically the optimizer) from some
third party piece of software (my compiler)?

I am hoping there is a file format, or some serialization, that LLVM
modules can read and write.  I am looking at the v1.9 tar file: are the
*.ll files this serialization?  If so, then I guess I am looking for a
doc with a high level grammar specification.

Thanks ahead of time.

Kyle Lahnakoski                                       kyle at arcavia.com
(416) 892-7784                                    Arcavia Software Ltd