[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc4_2

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Fri Mar 23 16:16:47 PDT 2007

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Peter Wiedermann wrote:
> i fixed some major bugs in the llvm-gcc4_2 patch since my last post.
> this brings me to an interesting question:
>
> what are your criteria to use my patch for further development?

I have no fixed criteria.  I think the best solution is for the work to be
checked into the (forthcoming) public SVN server.  When it is available,
you can check it in there and we can all hack on it together.  Even if it
has serious bugs or known deficiencies, I see no problem in that.

> at the moment i use the llvm-test1.9 suite for testing, because the
> actual llvm-test trunk in the repository seems to be broken.
> in my configuration the official llvm-gcc4 does not run completely error
> free against this suite (or is this my configuration fault?).
> so i guess a 100% error free run against the testsuite will not be the
> criteria.

Hrm, that's strange.  llvm-test doesn't pass 100% (e.g. some of the EH
stuff is now working yet), but it should ahve basic functionality.  What
is broken?

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/