[LLVMdev] Google SOC - Idea

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Mar 18 18:16:22 PDT 2007

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, Scott Fortmann-Roe wrote:
> Are you folks interested in this?
> If so, please let me know ASAP and I'll put together an application.

Yes!, particularly if it is in a domain that LLVM isn't known to handle
well currently.  I'd suggest ocaml/haskell or python/ruby as
representatives of the functional and scripting language communities.  If
you were to do a frontend port, I'd strongly suggest starting from the
existing compiler (e.g. the python bytecode compiler), modifying it to
emit LLVM code.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/