[LLVMdev] Summer of Code

Vikram S. Adve vadve at uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 17 16:19:46 PDT 2007

On Mar 17, 2007, at 4:44 PM, Reid Spencer wrote:

> I think about the best we could do is list some of the projects that
> we're interested in so candidates know what kinds of things to
> propose.
> However, we already have an OpenProjects page.  What else is needed?

I think just two things are needed:

(1) Just having a SoC page will make more people consider LLVM
because, without it, they may just go to some other project that does.

(2) Some of the projects on the OpenProjects page are too large for a
summer.  It would be helpful to identify suitable ones for SoC.

In fact, I think #1 is more important than #2.  We could just add a
prominent notice to our home page asking  interested students to post
to llvmdev.

--Vikram
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~vadve
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/