[LLVMdev] Address of an instruction (or a label?)

Nicolas Geoffray nicolas.geoffray at lip6.fr
Mon Mar 12 07:51:45 PDT 2007

After chatting with Anton, we realized that this was actually not a
solution because
it is not implemented in the JIT.

Let me turn the question with a different angle : is there a way in llvm
to force the emission of
basic blocks labels, even ones that are useless, eg:

        load 1
        load 2
        add
        branch label "foo"
foo:  load 4

And there is no other jump to the "foo" label. Actually in llvm the
label is just removed and the basic block
does not get a native address after compilation.

Cheers,
Nicolas