[LLVMdev] Subversion Migration

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Sat Mar 3 16:20:52 PST 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 16:44 -0800, Chris Lattner wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Aaron Gray wrote:
> >> We also have xcode projects.  If you don't want to check them out and
> >> update them, with svn, you can use 'svn switch' on those directories.
> >
> > Okay. Still think a separate repository would be a good idea. A bit of work
> > to implement but would be a good idea as every *nix user has to implement a
> > 'svn switch' putting the onus on them rather than on the Windows user.
>
> I think you are mistakenly assuming that we aim to serve UNIX users at the
> expense of win32 users.  Why make life harder for people on win32?
> Perhaps we should move all the unix makefiles to a separate repo?

I too am against this split. The "llvm" repository should contain all
that is necessary to build llvm on any platform and supporting whatever
build environments are necessary. If someone wanted to add a "borland"
directory, I wouldn't be opposed. About the only reason to remove these
directories is if they got so stale as to be unusable. But even in that
case, we wouldn't move them to a new repository, just delete (or
replace) them.

Reid.