[LLVMdev] Subversion Migration

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Sat Mar 3 15:45:56 PST 2007

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Aaron Gray wrote:
>>> What is the motivation for this?  The Win32 directory doesn't have
>>> VS2003
>>> source code AFAIK,
>>
>> No just the VS2003 project and solution files and a about 30 sub
>> directories
>> which are not required on *nix platforms. So it would be good to have the
>> "win32" files in a separate repository if possible. I thought this would
>> be
>> a convient time to do this.
>
> We also have xcode projects.  If you don't want to check them out and
> update them, with svn, you can use 'svn switch' on those directories.

Okay. Still think a separate repository would be a good idea. A bit of work
to implement but would be a good idea as every *nix user has to implement a
'svn switch' putting the onus on them rather than on the Windows user.

>> I would like a VS2005 release of LLVM as well as the VS2003 for
>> completeness, as VS2003 is really old hat now.
>
> VS2005 will upgrade the project file.

I realize that but VS2003 is really old now and it would be good to support
VS2005 properly for LLVM 2.0.

Aaron