[LLVMdev] Subversion Migration

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Sat Mar 3 15:10:19 PST 2007

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Aaron Gray wrote:
>> Two things regarding the new subversion repository :-
>> 1) Can you remove lib/CodeGen/ELF - which was a copy of the 'libelf' GNU
>> library which got partially deleted.
>
> I just removed it from the CVS repo.
>
>> 2) Is there any way make the "Win32" Visual Studio 2003 a separate source
>> repository, so we do not have the VS2003 code being distributed on every
>> *nix platform. AND could we also have a Visual Studio 2005 release in
>> parallel to the VS2003 again as a separate repository.
>
> What is the motivation for this?  The Win32 directory doesn't have VS2003
> source code AFAIK,

No just the VS2003 project and solution files and a about 30 sub directories
which are not required on *nix platforms. So it would be good to have the
"win32" files in a separate repository if possible. I thought this would be
a convient time to do this.

I would like a VS2005 release of LLVM as well as the VS2003 for
completeness, as VS2003 is really old hat now.

Aaron