[LLVMdev] Repository Layout

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Sat Jun 30 15:36:37 PDT 2007

All,

I'm finding the current layout a bit frustrating, not to mention that it
breaks all the documentation. We currently have modules laid out like
this:

   llvm/trunk/...
   llvm/branches/...
   llvm/tags/...

   stacker/trunk/...
   stacker/branches/...
   stacker/tags/...

and similarly for all the other modules (test-suite, java, poolalloc,
etc.). Unfortunately, this "standard" layout interjects a directory
(trunk/branches/tags) below each module name. I would rather see it laid
out like this:

   trunk/llvm/...
   trunk/stacker/...
   trunk/java/...

   branches/llvm/...
   branches/stacker/...
   branches/java/...

   tags/llvm/...
   tags/stacker/...
   tags/java/..

Fortunately, with SVN, making such a change isn't hard and its tracked
in the commits. Anyone object or have other ideas in this realm?

Reid.