[LLVMdev] LLVM assembly without basic block

Basile STARYNKEVITCH basile at starynkevitch.net
Fri Jun 29 13:27:38 PDT 2007

Seung Jae Lee wrote:
> Hello, guys.
>
> I just wonder if there is any way to spit out LLVM assembly without any basic block division.

I believe you cannot do that, since the basic blocks are defined by the control flow graph, i.e. by the points in the
program to which (conditional or unconditional) jumps go. In other words, basic blocks are defined by the destination of
goto (in particular those in loops and tests) and calls.

If you restrict yourself to a single basic block, you need to avoid tests and loops.