[LLVMdev] hacked up llvm-gcc bootstraps on linux-x86_64

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Jun 21 17:07:37 PDT 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, [UTF-8] Rafael Esp?ndola wrote:
> The other one is a plain hack. llvm-gcc and gcc disagree on how to
> pass some structures, so stage2 gcc fails to use the libcpp compiled
> by gcc. So I just copied a function form libcpp to gcc itself :-)

I went back and forth on this one, but eventually decided that that
ability to bootstrap llvm-gcc on a major platform is more important than
avoiding a (very cute and well crafted) little hack.  I checked in the
patch, we can revert it when the real fix for PR1521 is done.

I also wrote a detailed description of the proposed fix for PR1521 in the
bug if anyone is interested.  The fix would dramatically improve codegen
quality for structs passed by value (e.g. structs with vectors in them,
complex numbers, etc), in addition to fixing the correctness problem.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/