[LLVMdev] Calling Convention & Stack Frame

Bruno Cardoso Lopes bruno.cardoso at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:45:45 PDT 2007

2007/6/20, Peltier, Mikael <m-peltier at ti.com>:

> Hello,

Hi,

I want to find information/documentation on how reorganize stack frame (add
> other information, etc.) & how add new calling convention into ARM backend?
>

> I think it is needed to modify lowering of CALL, RET & FORMAL_ARGUMENT
> instruction, and also to modify emitPrologue & emitEpilogue functions.
>

> What are the others things to modify in order to realize my
> experimentation? Is it the best way to do it?

You can specify different calling conventions on the specific arch file
<ARCH>CallingConv.td (see X86/PowerPC/Mips for examples).
They must be handled on the lowering of CALL, RET and FORMAL_ARGUMENTS!
Take a look at the following functions called in <ARCH>ISelLowering.cpp  :
CCInfo.AnalyzeCallOperands
CCInfo.AnalyzeCallResult
CCInfo.AnalyzeFormalArguments
CCInfo.AnalyzeReturn

Thanks in advance.

> Mikaƫl.

Cheers,

Bruno Cardoso Lopes
http://www.brunocardoso.org

"The Man in Black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed"
  - Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came