[LLVMdev] migration to SubVersion successful or delayed?

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 15 12:12:10 PDT 2007

Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> according to http://llvm.org/SVNMigration.html the repository migrated to SubVersion (svn)
> on june 5th 2007 (almost 10 days ago).

The migration was delayed.  The subversion software was supposed to be
configured this week by our IT department, but I have not heard from
them yet.  I've fired off an email to see what the status is.

I will be out of the office for most/all of next week, so unless someone
else with login access (alumni or current students) can run the script,
the earliest that the conversion will happen is the week of June 24.

I will provide at least 24 hours notice to the llvmdev mailing list
before any switch over to SVN.

> Did the migration happened as expected?
>
> http://llvm.org/releases/ still mention CVS, and nothing on http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#checkout suggest to
> switch to svn instead of cvs.
>
> What is the current best way to download the latest snapshot: cvs or svn?

Currently, it is still CVS, I believe.
> I probably missed some obvious announcement but nothing in June 2007 on http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-announce/

I'm sending updates on the conversion process to llvmdev; llvm-announce
is typically only used for release announcements.

> Regards.

-- John T.