[LLVMdev] LLVM binaries for Windows and more

Andreas Rumpf Rumpf_A at web.de
Tue Jun 12 11:38:55 PDT 2007

Ok, but I fear the optimizer is not smart enough to produce something like:

a+b -->

          mov eax, a
          add eax, b
          jno theEnd
          call raiseOverflow
        theEnd:

It is not critical though - I turn off overflow checking after debugging anyway.

> > 2.) The version 2.0 of your source code does not compile with Microsoft
> >     Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. (By the way, is it documented that
> >     I need Bison? I figured that out myself...):
>
> You might want to try LLVM CVS.  I believe there are several fixes in CVS
> that were not in 2.0.  If that doesn't work, we will gladly accept patches
> to make it work.
>
> > I fixed this by adding a ``return 0;`` at the end of the method. But why
> > don't you just provide binaries for windows? I could send you the
> > binaries that I built - I have not yet tested them though.
>
> The LLVM community consists of volenteers, and noone volenteered for 2.0
> :)
>
> -Chris

I volunteer. As soon as I get everything to work.

Next problem: I now have the hello.bc file compiled. But how do I get an executable from this? I tried:

C:\Eigenes\compiler\llvm-2.0\win32\release>llvm-ld -o=hellow.exe hellow.bc
llvm-ld: Could not find llvm-stub.exe executable!

So, I don't have "llvm-stub.exe". But why did it not build one? And what is the
difference between "llvm-ld" and "llvm-link"? "llvm-link" does not work either.

Thanks,

Andreas